Weatherization Rehabilitation Program
2023 Open Enrollment
Applications for the 2023 Program Year will be available ONLY via the website. The application cycle will open at a date to be announced.
*If you were not assisted in the 2022 program year, please re-apply during the 2023 application period.
CAREFULLY read to complete the correct application and follow the instructions on the application website, Neighborly.
(You will be required to Register or Sign In to start/continue your application.)
PLEASE NOTE: You are NOT required to upload documents when applying. You will be contacted by a processor and given instructions to upload documents, when your application is being processed.
The goal of the Miami Gardens Weatherization Assistance Program is to reduce energy costs for low-income families, particularly the elderly, disabled, and those with children under age 12, by improving the energy efficiency of their homes while ensuring their health and safety.
The total household income may not be more than 120% above the national poverty level. Preference is given to eligible residents 55 years and older or physically disabled residents, families with children under 12, and households with a high energy burden (repeated high utility bills).
Types of Assistance
- Address air infiltration with weather stripping, caulking, thresholds, window, and primary door replacement
- Install attic ventilation
- Install solar screens
- Repair or replace inefficient heating and cooling units
- Repair or replace water heaters
- Repair and replacement of roofs
To qualify for assistance applicant(s) must meet all of the following criteria:
- Applicant(s) must own and occupy subject property within the City limits
- Property must be the applicant/s primary residence and homesteaded
- Applicant(s) must have lived in the primary residence for a minimum of 3 years
- Be current on all existing mortgage(s) and tax assessments
- Have an annual household income, which does not exceed 120% of the Area Median Income.
- Applicant must be willing to carry homeowner's insurance on the property.
Note: This program is provided through a second mortgage. Details of this will be provided through the application process.
Median Income Per Household Size
|1 Person||2 People||3 People||4 People||5 People||6 People||7 People||8 People|
Submit application here.
For status of your active application, email us.
Alternatively, follow the link for information on how to apply with Miami-Dade County's Weatherization Program.