When is a special event permit required?
A special event permit is required when the City Manager or his/her designee believes that the intended activity has the potential of becoming a threat to public safety, constitute a danger to the normal flow of traffic, or constitute a potential disturbance of the peace of persons outside the premises where the event or activity is located. This does not include family events at your home that does not impact the rest of the community. The purpose of a special event permit is to protect the health, safety and welfare of the city's citizens and to ensure the proper coordination of city, county and other agencies services when necessary.

Special event permit means written, signed authorization by the city to hold the event. For further information, please see Article II -Special Event Regulations under the City’s codes and ordinances.

Show All Answers

1. How do I know if my property is in the City of Miami Gardens?
2. What documentation must be submitted with my Local Business Tax Receipt and Certificate of Use applications?
3. Can I apply for a Local Business Tax Receipt and Certificate of Use online?
4. Does my business get inspected in order to receive the licenses?
5. What happens after the inspection?
6. When do I need to apply for a Landlord Permit?
7. What documents are required in order to obtain a Landlord Permit?
8. When is a special event permit required?
9. What is a Re-Occupancy Certificate?
10. How do I apply for a Re-occupancy Certificate?
11. Does a re-occupancy certificate require an inspection?
12. What happens if a property fails a re-occupancy certificate inspection?
13. How do I make an anonymous complaint?
14. Who complained about my property?
15. If I receive a Warning Notice and I need more time to fix the problem, what should I do?
16. My neighbors have violations too, why aren't you citing them?
17. Can I cut a tree or remove it?
18. Who is responsible for maintaining the easement?
19. Who is responsible for maintaining the swale and right of way adjoining my property?