How can I get a protection order?

You have to respond to the Miami-Dade State Attorney’s Office Domestic Crimes Unit and fill out an application form. The form is reviewed by a Judge who will decide if the facts on the application form meet the criteria. If it does, a Temporary Restraining Order will be issued and a Court date will be set where both parties will provide testimony. At the conclusion of hearing testimony, the Judge will determine if the order will be extended or dismissed.

Show All Answers

1. What is a domestic crime?
2. How can I get a copy of my police report?
3. How can I get a protection order?
4. I am involved in a violent relationship but do not have the means to move. What should I do?
5. I made a police report of domestic violence but don’t know the status of my case. How can I find out?