The Office of the City Clerk serves as the Supervisor of City Election. City of Miami Gardens General Elections are held on every even-numbered year, on the day of the State Primary Election. A runoff election, if necessary, is held on the day of the State General Election.
The Mayor and each Council Member are elected to four-year terms. The Mayor and two Council Members are elected at-large and four Council Members are elected by Residential Area. Candidates for municipal office must file the appropriate forms with the City Clerk prior to opening campaign account and to qualify for office. Elections are conducted in accordance with the provisions of the City’s Code of Ordinances and Florida Statutes.
Pursuant to the City of Miami Gardens Charter, the next General Election will be held on August 23, 2022 for the purpose of electing a Council Member Residential Seat 2, Council Member Residential Seat 4, and Council Member At-Large Seat 6. Each Candidate must be a qualified elector and meet the requirements set forth in the City Charter and Code of Ordinance.
Residential Seat 2
- Raymond Carvil
- Lisa C. Davis
- Reggie Leon (incumbent)
Residential Seat 4
- Mykita Cherry-Prime
- Wiren "Chuck" Norris
- Katrina Wilson (incumbent)
At-Large Seat 6
- Robert Stephens, III (incumbent)
- Andre Williams
Access all candidates' campaign reports.
Candidate Campaign Packet
- General Election Information Memorandum (PDF)
- Qualifying Checklist & Packet
- Florida Election Code (PDF)
- Candidate & Campaign Treasurer Handbook (PDF)
- Statement of Candidate – Form DS-DE 84 (PDF)
- Appointment of Campaign Treasurer – Form DS-DE 09 (PDF)
- Temporary Noncommercial Speech Sign Bond Application
Miscellaneous Election Forms
- Campaign Treasurer’s Report – Summary (PDF)
- Campaign Treasurer’s Report – Itemized Contributions (PDF)
- Campaign Treasurer’s Report – Itemized Expenditures (PDF)
Relevant Election Statutes, Charter, & Code Sections
- State Statute: The Florida Election Code (Chapter 97-106) (PDF)
- City of Miami Gardens Charter
- City of Miami Gardens Code: Chapter 2 - Article V.: Elections